Friday 23 September 2011

Silence That Speaks

I was waiting so eagerly for the SEE result, and now it’s time. The result has been declared and I am so happy to be a part of GCA; The oldest and the only government college in the state. But the thing that was the cherry on the cake was that I was going to pursue education in that college from where my dad had completed his education. He was in the last diploma course batch of the college, this added to my excitement.

The first day, i.e. the registration day, I approached the college. The campus was a bit small but I loved the close to nature feel of it. I already knew about that and it was one of the reasons I wanted to study here. Now it was time for the Dean, to deliver a speech, to tell everything about the college, its history and its future. His speech was long, very long. But the main inference was that our college was not registered by the COA but the case had already been filed and the result will come soon and will surely be positive. But this was not exactly the truth.
Today as I sit here two years later, I am a student of the third year at this prestigious institution, my dad’s college of graduation, my dream college. That half truth has kept our future in jeopardy. Now we know the complete truth and that’s the reason for our silent revolt. What’s the use of such education that will leave us unidentified? Without registration I can’t even write an “Ar.” before my name and practice as an Architect! Now I believe that the path we have chosen is strong.
“We shall overcome, someday” And that someday is very close to come. I have faith in myself and my family, the Faculty of Architecture, GBTU, Lucknow. We shall win.
- Moods and Vibes

1 comment:

  1. all of our dreams and hopes hold no meaning widout the registration....everbody please come forward to support us

    ReplyDelete