Friday 23 September 2011

Days to Remember

The day I remember was 30 July 2010, I urging my father on phone to go to the place and have a look at the college, which college; GCA.
My father was in Lucknow due to some office work and I was allotted Faculty of Architecture in the GBTU counseling After my father came back, he told me about how small the college campus was, even smaller than my school campus. He argued with me trying to persuade me to join B.Tech in Mumbai the place where he’d done his graduation. But I was adamant about joining B.Arch.

When I first entered the college I admit I was not very pleased with its infrastructure, but what made me happy was the iconic status of the college in terms of education. The day was 12 August 2010, the Principal addressing us, I was really happy. But soon I realized that all these 5 years of education were a waste here as this all could go in vain if we are not registered as an architect by the Council of Architecture. On year has passed since then and today I am in the second year, but the question still remains unresolved, will I ever be known as an Architect?
We need to do something about this, and yes we started it on 19 September 2011, in the form of a silent and peaceful movement, and what we want is COA Registration.Lots of questions were raised and answered about our aims and our methods. My parents wanted to know if this was the only way open to us. After I told them all that was to be told, they had only one thing to say; go ahead.
But I know one thing; the past days of our movement have made me see that we will get our rights as architects. I am sitting here now, not just thinking but believing that my five years of hard work will not go in vain.
-Circle Master

2 comments: